Alright, so I will spare you the long story of having to relocate thanks to some shit in February to my father’s home in Florida, but the important thing is I’ve been working since then on getting employed, living off savings until I either got hired or a certain someone in my family deemed herself ready to pay me back money I lent her. Looks like that lent money is never coming back, I haven’t gotten any return phonecalls, and my savings are rapidly dropping. Thanks for nothing cattle country. SO I’M IN A BIT OF BIND, so commissions are being opened. Any signal boosts will be welcomed with love and affection.
- Paypal only, sorry anyone but it’s all I’ve got.
- All prices are in USD
- I reserve the right to deny any request. I may be hard up, but there’s just some things I’m not comfortable with
- I can’t/won’t draw robots, gore, porn (at the moment anyway, I may open up a couple mature slots one day)
There will be five slots to start out and they will not be emptied until they’re all done. I don’t want to overwhelm myself at the get-go (not that there will be that much interest haha). If you’re interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org (this is also where you will send paypal payments) do not send an ask, I’m too terrified that tumblr would eat it before I get a chance to reply and then you lose your slot. General questions though you can address in asks.
When ordering please include the following information, it doesn’t need to be in a form, just make sure you include it all:
- Your name/tumblr account/whatever. What can I call you and what can I link to when posting these finished commissions.
- The character names, ages, and genders.
- The type of art you want (lineart/flats etc.)
- Any and all references you think are necessary. I accept written descriptions or prose, but please be aware that I will take some artistic license here, as everyone has a different way of seeing something in their head.
- Any story, personality, history about the characters you’d like me to know.
I will update this post as slots fill up.
I feel you, dude! Q AQ HERE’S A SIGNAL BOOST. Help fellow artists in need if you can. <3
I don’t want to do this, but I don’t really have a choice. Skip ahead past the tl;dr if you like.
You don’t even have to buy anything, please just reblog this if you see it.
The story so far:
So I lost my job. It wasn’t okay, but it happened. My recruiter…
Hey, I just met you
And this is crazy
But here’s my email
Commission me, maybe?
Okay, in all seriousness. First of all, I’m vastly sorry for the incredibly personal wall of text ahead, but if you could spare some time to read it, I’d be more than thankful. Second of all, I’m really not the kind of person to ask for anyone’s help, much less to be a damned burden and beg, but I’m sincerely at my wits’ end with my current situation. The big picture is that my family is broke as hell, right now. There are innumerable individual stories behind the reasons, but the short end of it is:
- I owe my roommates obscene amounts of rent money if I want to (a.) continue my education at LCAD (b.) not become homeless
- Financial Aid itself continues to screw me over, and as a result, I’m forced to pay a bunch out of pocket for tuition every semester, after having exhausted the Financial Aid office and outside sources of all the loans and scholarships I can possibly accrue
- My father is the only employed member of my immediate family, and still barely scrapes by poverty-level salary, so he refuses to aid me financially anymore
- My mother’s, grandfather’s, and uncle’s health are all rapidly deteriorating from prolonged untreatable/terminal disabilities and ailments, and they can barely afford their own medicines as it is.
- My mother, with wholeheartedly the best intentions, has buried us $10,000 further into debt - with money she didn’t have - by gaming heavily into the state lottery (As an aside, I strongly recommend none of you ever waste your time with that shit. It never pays off).
I’m honestly thankful to even have a roof over my head and internet as I write this.
I know times are hard for everyone. I understand, and again, I’m sorry. My heart goes out to all of you. My situation could so feasibly be much worse, but it’s already tearing my family apart. I feel as though they’re broken and penniless because I strove for the wrong dreams at the wrong time. All I ask is that you read through this post and do what you can; toss it around and reblog it, hey, even if you considered ordering a commission, it would mean a lot to me!
So, let’s get down to business. I don’t really know if I’m charging too much, but I tried to make prices semi-reasonable for the time I invest.
//Edit// Fuck, I’m gonna be honest with you. The prices above are very tentative. If you’d rather make an offer or just donate money, I’ll draw you whatever I can, at your request! I probably won’t follow these guidelines absolutely, either; they’re more for the purpose of showing you what I’ve got!
- I draw lots more than just Pokemon and dragons, I promise! Fanart, OCs, fursonas, environments/backgrounds, whatever!
- I’m starting out with 20 slots, but that is by no means a limit! I will take as many offers as possible.
- If you’re interested, email me at email@example.com with the subject “Commission”, and include in the email your subject matter and at least one (1) reference! The more references you have, the quicker and more efficient drawing it will be for me!
- I’m only dealing through Paypal right now. Unless I figure out a safe way to mail originals without getting them banged up, I hope you guys are okay with digital copies! My Paypal email address is the same as above.
- If you have any questions, please hit me up!
For the last—almost a year, I’ve been under some hard times. Until recently, I’ve been able to scrape by with what little I had in my savings. That has since dwindled to nothing, and with no job in sight, I find myself in a position where any source of income is better…